Luthra College of education is a highly developing institution in academic, co-academic and in such other fields. Situated in the Heart of the Jammu City at Talab Tillo. about 5km far from Jammu University, the college mainly imparts education towards Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) The college is affiliated to Jammu University and Recognised by the J&K Govt. The institution is being run under registered Educational Society under the Companies Act of 1956. The name of the society is Luthra Academy Ltd.
The history of college is brief in respect of time span. The Institution was launched in the year 2000. During this short span of time , the college had to prove its excellence in both curricular and co-curricular activities. it had to face competition with a number of colleges in term of educational excellence & quality. The Founder Chairmain of the college, Sh. B.R.Luthra, left no stone unturned to give the college a sound footing.
Initially, Sh. B.R.Luthra, started the Institution, known as Luthra Academy in the year 1959. The Academy got its initial recognition in April, 1960 from J&K Govt. Since then the Institution has not looked back. The Institution got its own Building at Kachi Chawni in the Year 1967. The Institution at Kachi Chawni was upgraded to the Higher Secondary Level in the year 1990.
Luthra College of Education strives for developing punctuality, promptness, internal purity, external cleanliness, labour peace and dedication, discipline, excellence among popular community and committed to learning.
Our Primary aim is spread of Knowledge learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tommorow and learn everything that is good from others and in your own way absorb it and donot become others.